Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween... late.













Wow... things have been crazy in our home! I have been blessed to be quite busy with my photography. Which is great. But... I miss just being "momma". So, going out Trick-or-Treating with the kids was a sweet treat. (get it...)

A little background on Halloween in our home. Liam is terrified of it. Period. He seriously freaks out. We have zero decorations. Except a pumpkin that I painted to look like Thomas and one like Olivia. I have had friends that have had to take down their decorations because he wouldn't stop crying. And these decorations weren't even scary. But, we decided to try and go trick-or-treating again anyway. We parked the van downtown Attica, and started to unload everyone. We were walking toward the businesses that were passing out candy when Justin and I heard Liam whispering to himself... "I can do dis. I can do dis. I can do dis." We immediately looked at each other, trying to hold back our laughter. It was just too sweet. He had a grip on Justin's hand and wouldn't let go. Needless to say, he only made it for about 5 minutes. Then he said, "I wanna outta here. I'm ready to be done." So Justin took him to the van while Oliver, Eliza, and I finished for about 15 minutes or so. We went to my mom's house for some chili and my nephew Andrew was there. Liam wanted to go trick-or-treating with Andrew. He did great!!! He went for over an hour. No problems! We were so proud of him and kept cheering him on. It is such a great feeling to witness our child overcome a fear. I was thinking that this must be a very small comparison to what God feels when we trust Him and take a step of faith and conquer a fear, trial, or situation.
I know I have totally sucked at keeping up on blogging. And I don't predict it will get better anytime soon. I am swamped over here. :) But this winter I plan to do a lot more.

No comments: