Wednesday, August 13, 2008

stitch stitch stitch






A few of my latest sewing projects.
1. A purse for a sweet 16. She is such an amazing young lady. And she has been through quite a bit for a girl of her years. I am honored to be her friend. She loves pink hearts.
2. The not-so-"ugly" doll for my boy. I had alot of fun making this one. Although stuffing it was a chore. I used a new and better fluffier stuffing that comes in little pellets of clouds. That is what it feels like anyway. Super comfy.
3. A blanket for a new arrival. This had a few mild "cat"astrophes in the making.

I was reading Crazy Aunt Pearl's blog a while back and she was talking about active meditation. That is what sewing is for me. I just sew and I don't think about much except the task at hand. It is refreshing. Well, not so much when I have to get out the seam ripper. Those days I want to chuck that sewing machine out in the road. But alas, what good is a good day if you have never had the bad?

No comments: