Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Danforth for Ya!



So much for 30 days straight. I swear, I have zero self-discipline!


I am reading a really good book right now. "I Dare You" by William H Danforth. It is good. Read it if you can.


"I Dare You, young mother, to make your life a masterpiece upon which that little family of yours can build. Strong women bring forth strong men." W.H. Danforth


Think about just how huge the responsibility of raising children actually is. We are molding the future with our children. I think I have really downplayed my value as a mother. I always feel like I sold out. Took the typical road. Gave up my dreams and settled for reality. Not the case. Being a mother is the most difficult thing that I have ever done. I want to be the very best mother that I can be. As an artist, time will come. My life is long. There are phases. I will continue to make art, while inspiring my children to do the same. Create. If not art, then something. Raising my boys will be my lifelong task, that will become my lifelong masterpiece.


He inspires me.


No comments: